Community with Unity | Comunidad con Unidad
Join the Sixteenth Street Community HealthCorps Program.
Sixteenth Street has partnered with AmeriCorps to create the Sixteenth Street Community HealthCorps program to take part in providing national service opportunities for those passionate about giving back and strengthening our communities from the ground up. Sixteenth Street Community HealthCorps offers enriching opportunities to people of all backgrounds, as we believe embracing diversity provides a strong and balanced workplace while promoting personal growth and a sense of community. Our AmeriCorps members directly serve our community addressing the diverse needs of our local residents.
- Gain hands-on experience and training in a professional work environment.
- Receive various SSCHC and AmeriCorps benefits.
- Have the opportunity and encouragement to grow as local leaders by taking part in national service.
- Biweekly living stipend
- Education award
- Student loan forbearance or deferment
- Health insurance
- Local and national networking opportunities
- Post-service assistance, preparing for life after AmeriCorps
What is the Sixteenth Street Community HealthCorps Program like? Hear about it directly from our past members!
How do I join the Sixteenth Street Community HealthCorps Program?
Check out all current opportunities down below!
Fill Out Application
Click the link included in the position description of your choice below. Or click here to fill out the application.
For any further questions or assistance contact Erik Miller at 414-897-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out Our Opportunities!
The focus of Sixteenth Street Community HealthCorps is aimed towards enhancing our members’ professional development, personal fulfillment as well as Sixteenth Street’s capacity to provide quality services and resources to our patients and community in a safe and welcoming environment.
Our program’s service year begins in September and each member will be providing 1,700 hours of direct service within their selected department. Service provided by our members reflect the needs of our community and will support Sixteenth Street’s potential of improving the health and well being of our patients and local residents.
Social Services: Working together to bring patients the extra care, advocacy and resources you need to be well.
- Resource Navigator AmeriCorps Member:
Assess patients’ Social Determinants of Health and connect them to applicable services or resources as well as provide assistance with navigating healthcare system.
Four (4) positions available.
Environmental Health: Innovative programs and strategic partnerships are transforming the environment in which Milwaukee’s near south side residents live, work, learn, and play
- Community Capacity Builder AmeriCorps Member: Conduct environmental education at local schools, take part in community event planning, while managing community gardens. One (1) position available.
- Community Lead Outreach AmeriCorps Member: Provide outreach and educational activities related to lead poisoning and prevention as well as participate in canvasing neighborhood homes with lead presence concerns. One (1) position available.
Healthy Choices: Strives to improve the nutrition and physical activity environment for adults and children in Milwaukee’s Southside, so they can enjoy a healthier life.
- Family Education Program AmeriCorps Member: Facilitate children education in nutrition, cooking and physical activity as well as coordinate volunteers and providing additional service to the Healthy Schools Program and Community Outreach Program. One (1) position available.
- Community Outreach AmeriCorps Member: Participate in Community Leadership/Advocacy Program through various activities, develop marketing materials, and coordinate logistics for community meetings as well as providing service to the Healthy Schools Program and Family Education Program. One (1) position available.
- Healthy Schools – Youth Specialist AmeriCorps Member: Enhance healthy living programming in schools by providing education in nutrition and youth leadership, coordinate logistics for adult education classes as well as providing service in the Family Education Program and Community Leadership Program. One (1) position available.
WIC: Providing access to supplemental food and supportive services to build strong and healthy moms and children.
- WIC Resource Navigator – Fitness Coordinator AmeriCorps Member: Develop a physical activity program for women and young children and educate WIC participants in navigating and successfully connecting to needed community resources One (1) position available.
Women’s Wellness: Facilitating education and services for pregnant women and for parents of newborn babies.
- Women’s Wellness AmeriCorps Member: Enhance educational programming of Women’s Wellness Department by facilitating education for pregnant women and parents of newborn babies, recruit members for parental classes, and screen patients. Two (2) positions available.
Medical: Providing quality medical services to elderly people and assisting them with navigating services and resources.
- PACE Navigator AmeriCorps Member: Facilitate care for elderly and medically complex patients by bridging Sixteenth Street to the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) and an appropriate PACE physician for ongoing care. One (1) position available.
To be eligible to serve in Sixteenth Street Community HealthCorps, you must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent, be a United States citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident, and satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check as all positions will involve interacting with vulnerable populations.
For questions or inquiries about serving in Sixteenth Street Community HealthCorps, please contact Erik Miller (414) 897-5609 or email@example.com