The Volunteer Program at Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers is open to individuals, corporate group volunteers, public health students and community-based service learning programs. The Program includes a formal application process, interview, reference and background check and a signed agreement to abide by our confidentiality requirements.
How to Become a Volunteer
- View the current opportunities listed below
- Complete the fillable PDF application provided here in English or Spanish
- Email application to Kate Jaeger, Volunteer Program Director, at email@example.com
- For any further questions or assistance call Kate Jaeger at 414-897-5184
- If interested, please contact Kate: firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-897-5184
Habitat Restoration at Pulaski Park (2677 S. 16th Street) with our Dept of Environmental Health’s Protect Our Plants program
MONDAY, JULY 9th, 6 – 7:30 pm (additional dates to be scheduled)
Help to maintain a beautiful, functioning native plant area within Pulaski Park to help with stormwater management and wildlife habitat.
- CURRENTLY FULL: SEEDS Co-Facilitator -a self-esteem and empowerment group for teen girls
- Patient Intake – BH Clinics
- NEW! HR Clerk – gain experience in a professional office setting
Through family education and community advocacy, Healthy Choices strives to improve the home and neighborhood environment for adults and children in Milwaukee’s Southside, so they can enjoy a healthier life.
- NEXT SESSION – SEPT 2018: Youth Health Educator – Nutrition + Physical Activity
- NEXT SESSION – SEPT 2018: Asst Youth Health Educator – Nutrition + Physical Activity
- NEXT SESSION – SEPT 2018: Photographer + Food Prep – take photos of sessions and prepare healthy snack
- Farm to School Volunteer – help to educate and facilitate lessons in a classroom setting
WIC provides nutrition education, breastfeeding education and support, supplemental nutritious foods, and referrals to other health and nutrition services.
- NOW AVAILABLE: WIC – Technology/PC Trainer – put your computer and technology skills to use helping people!
- NEW! Interior Designer – create a design to improve the flow, efficiency, and comfort of the WIC lobby!
- NEW! Spanish/English Interpreter – DENTAL
- NEW! Children’s Activity Leader – during Childbirth/Prenatal Class, lead activities with kids who attend with their parent(s)
- NEW! Medication Assistance Program Coordinator – help patients access affordable medication
- Clinical Interpreter and Patient Navigator
- Population Health Outreach
- Pharmacy Liaison – Family Practice
- Patient Guide – Medical Clinics
- Women’s Wellness – Prenatal Care Outreach
- Women’s Wellness – Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
- Ophthalmology Clinic Assistant
- CURRENTLY FULL: Childbirth Educator
- Customer Service Follow Up – help us better serve our patients, clients, and participants by gathering feedback on their experience
- Patient Guide – Medical Clinics
- Patient Intake – BH Clinics (Behavioral Health Clinics)
The Environmental Health Department focuses on initiatives designed to improve the community’s environmental, physical, social and economic well-being.
- NEW DATE! Habitat Restoration at Pulaski Park – Monday, July 9, 6-7:30 pm (more dates to be scheduled)
- CURRENTLY FULL: KK River Summer Camp for Youth – Wednesdays, 12 – 3 pm, June 27th – August 22nd
- CURRENTLY FULL: KK River Explorers Co-Facilitator – help to educate and facilitate lessons in an after-school program
- Build-a-Fence Project
- Indoor-Outdoor Paint Project
- Neighborhood Cleanup Crew
- Landscape Maintenance Volunteer
- CURRENTLY FULL: Social and Digital Media Intern