The HIV Department at the Sixteenth Street is committed to the delivery of high quality, culturally sensitive care in Milwaukee and surrounding areas, based on the National Model: Prevent-Test Link-Treat and retaining our patients in care to improve the quality of life of people living with HIV/AIDS and prevent new infections.
HIV Medical Care
Patients with HIV/AIDs are cared for
by doctors trained in HIV care who
work together with case managers
to make sure patients get the best
Medical Case Management
Case management for people with
HIV/AIDS to help manage medical
care and other resources or needs.
Linkage to Care
Intensive case management that works to remove barriers to care for people newly infected with HIV or people living with HIV who are not linked to medical care.
Free HIV and STI Testing
Free STD and Rapid HIV Testing. The test is done onsite or in the community at outreach settings.
• Pre-exposure prophylaxis access (PrEP)
• Post-exposure prophylaxis access (PEP)
• Safer sex education
• Harm reduction education
• FREE HIV and STI testing
PEP/PrEP Navigation Services
One on one support for people interested in getting on PEP/PrEP including education, linkage to provider and pharmacies, medical assistance programs and STI testing.
Advocacy, medical care, hormone care and empowerment program.
Be a good neighbor. Dispose safely.
- DO put used syringes in a bio hazard bin or container with hard sides (e.g. coffee tin or laundry detergent bottle)
- DO bring containers of used syringes back to Sixteenth Street's program
- DO call 414-225-1608 to pick up containers of syringes
- DON'T throw used syringes in people's yards
- DON'T leave syringes on the sidewalk or in the street
- DON'T throw used syringes in the garbage
- DON't throw used syringes in the toilet
Need Health Insurance?
Enroll by December 15.
We have trained staff who can help you enroll or renew your health insurance coverage.