Since 2012 the Southside Bicycle Day has been one of the largest community events in the near Southside of Milwaukee. During the first four years the event was organized and run by Sixteenth Street’s Healthy Choices Department. Over 800 people attended the event in 2015.
The goal of the Bicycle Day is to bring awareness about the importance of safe biking in the neighborhood and to create a culture of activity and safe movement on the Southside.
While run by Healthy Choices, the event offered:
- Education around biking, walking, healthy eating and healthy lifestyles
- Promotion of safe biking, walking and driving
- Free bike check ups and bike repairs by local bike shops
- Giveaways of bikes, helmets, locks and healthy food
- Dancing, bike rides and other fun activities for the family
As of 2016, the event will now be organized and executed by the Wisconsin Bicycle Federation.
For information about past Southside Bicycle Day events contact:
Healthy Choices Office Location:
1032 S. Cesar E. Chavez Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p. m.
Contact Tatiana Maida at (414) 897-5187 for more information.
Walk-in’s are welcome, stop in at any time!